Custom Search


I am in my early 40s, a mother of two and until I took up tennis a few months back, was not very much into sports. As for me, I found that like everything else, in order to learn something new, one has to do the following:

1) Just abandon all fear, and have passion and enjoyment when playing. Initially there were long moments of discouragement. But after many lessons I now enjoy all my lessons, and look forward to ffurther improving my forehand, backhand and serve...

2) Don't scrimp on getting a good coach. At least initially, you will need a good coach in order to pick up the sport correctly. Typically after 20 coaching lessons, you should be in a good position to continue your learning by practicing with other players. For a qualified Singapore tennis coach, look for someone with the correct experience. i.e. someone with a Singapore Sports Council (SSC) level 1 coaching certification at the very least.

3) Do find a group of friends whom share the same passion for tennis. Once you get a regular game going with your friends, you would find yourself looking forward to each week's game. You may join a club or search around for a social tennis network. Some people also join social clubs devoted to tennis. Nowadays, I have a regular game going every week with my lady friends.

4) Learn all you can from speaking to more experienced players, as well as observing how the professionals play.

5) Take time to try different rackets, until you have found the correct racquest for your style of play. In this regard I was fortunate to have my tennis-playing husband advise me. However, you can get similar expert advice from any tennis professional.

6) Finally, perhaps the most important tip to share with you is: no matter what be relaxed and just enjoy your game. Have fun on the court :)

Article Source: http://www.articlesnatch.com

0 comments

Post a Comment



Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)